Thursday, March 7, 2013

As Easy as 123

As is the case with the timing of events in most adoptions, especially international, the posting on this blog is proving to be far apart. It is a waiting game... thus for the adoptive mom becomes a long, drawn out pregnancy.  So while I intend to use this blog to inform our family and friends of prayer requests and updates, many wonder what has happened to our adoption process?

I assure you, it is still going strong and in process. A couple of weeks ago we were informed by America World, our adoption agency, that our dossier (that paper baby we delivered to Honduras last August) has been accepted by the Honduran Authorities and we have been placed on the wait list - #123 - for receiving a referral to a child.  That's the good news - actually great news!

The other news is that these numbers have historically been very slow to counting down to one.  Actually - the list decreased only by about 10 numbers in 2012 alone. Simple math will tell you that that seems like very bad news for us.  However, we serve a God who, at any moment, can open up the floodgates for seeing Honduran children adopted out.

I would ask that you pray a very bold prayer with us.  My prayer is that at this time next year, we would have a child placed in our forever family.  All the odds seem against this.  Financially and numerically it doesn't make sense.  That's why I call this kind of prayer a faith prayer. Ultimately we trust in God's timing, but I have also seen Him answer bold prayers of faith when they reflect His heart, and we know His heart is for the orphan.

I am reminded of missionary to the orphan, George Mueller, and I quote him:
I live in the spirit of prayer. I pray as I walk about, when I lie down and when I rise up. And the answers are always coming. Thousands and tens of thousands of times have my prayers been answered. When once I am persuaded that a thing is right and for the glory of God, I go on praying for it until the answer comes.
Thank you for your continued prayers with us!

No comments:

Post a Comment