Friday, January 29, 2016

As Surely As The Sun Rises

What are you waiting for?

We are all waiting for something. I wait. I wait for many things. I wait for the snow to melt, flowers to bloom, kids to come home from school, cookies to be baked, to lose 10 pounds from all the cookies I ate, coffee time with a friend, date night, a magical email from my adoption agency!

Others wait. Others wait for Mr. Right to come along, a marriage proposal, a positive pregnancy test, a cancer scan test result, debt to be paid down, a divorce to be final, wisdom to come to on how to handle a broken relationship, a call back for a second interview, a house to sell or a college term to be over already!

Six years. It has been six years since we said hello and goodbye to my Michael Jesse. I miss him. I miss him so much I don’t know what to do other then be reassured that I will see him soon. I am humbly reminded that we all have longings and are waiting. After we had Minchel, it was clear to us that we wanted to continue to build our family. So we begun by faith the process of adoption. In February 2013, we officially received our first log in number to the Honduras program. Three years later, we still wait. I don’t like to wait.

Some of those things awaited for are joyous and at times we may be tempted to believe that the world is “now perfect”. I’ll be honest, at times when I think about receiving our referral from Honduras, that “this is it”! I don’t have to wait anymore”!! I wish that were the case. However, I am reminded of people in my life waiting for some life determining facts to be revealed. You know, the answers that will knock you off your very own feet. This can’t be true. I don’t believe it. You have the wrong person.  You know, the ones that take you to a place that is oh so low that you physically….can’t ….breath.....

I have been here.

But...

There is always hope. I have hope. I have hope that this is not as good as it gets. I have so much to look forward to. I WAIT FOR MY SAVIOUR JESUS TO COME!! And He WILL! He WILL!!! So for all of you who are waiting those oh so very horrible things. I know. I have been in those places. But don’t stay there. This is not it. It isn’t . There is so much more. If you don’t believe me, ask me and I will show you in His word.  

The sun came up today in Cary, IL.  Did it rise where you live? Every time I see the sun, I am reminded of his promises. His promises that HE will come to heal, restore, and rebuild His people.

Let us acknowledge the Lord;    let us press on to acknowledge him.As surely as the sun rises,    he will appear;he will come to us like the winter rains,    like the spring rains that water the earth.Hosea 6:3
Surely as the sun rises, he will come too. He will.

No comments:

Post a Comment